Our pattern today is cute and very easy : a free crochet pattern cat hat translated from the original tutorial of Lam Anh Family that you will find down below.
This design is pretty simple and straightforward. You can use any yarn you want to customize this hat for YOUR cat! This will fit most cats and some small dogs. You can always adjust the size of the ear holes to make the hat fit any pet.
- Yarn ( any colour you prefer) Light or medium weight
- Corresponding crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Ch : Chain
- Sc : single crochet
- Dc : double crochet
- Ss : slip stitch
- Inc : increase
- Dec : decrease
Free Crochet pattern cat hat
This free crochet pattern for a crochet cat hat is an easy and quick crochet project.
Green Yarn :
- Chain 2 and crochet button, insert your crochet in the first chained stitch, sc
- Chain 20
- Row 1 : Chain 2, 3 dc in 3 rd stitch
- Chain 2 turn and start R2
- We will increase in the first and the last st of the next 4 rows
- R1 : 3 dc
- R2 : 5 dc
- R3 : 7 dc
- R4 : 9 dc
- R5 : 11 dc
- Chain 2 and make 2 dc in the first st
- Chain 14, YO, insert the crochet in the last st of row 5, then make 2 dc at last st
- Chain 1, sc in every st
- We start decreasing (the same shape as we did at the otherside)
- We decrease in the first sts and in the last 2 sts, continue decreaing till you have 3 sts (5 rows)
- Chain 20
- make the button ad in the first step of the pattern [ see minutes 10:44]
- fasten off !
Here is the original video :
White yarn :
Attach yarn in the last st we made [see 11:28 min]
- R1 : a row of sc 34 sc in total
- 2 sc in even number rows
- 1 sc in odd number rows
- Chain 1 then 5 dc in the 3rd st
- 1 sc in 5th st, 5 dc in the 7th st
- Crochet similarly till the end of the row .
And that’s it ! hope you enjoy making this cute little crochet cat hat .
Don’t forget to check out more free crochet patterns, if you look for a quick small project :