The crochet wallet star stitch that we are going to be making today is crocheted back and forth repeatedly then we will sew the sides to complete the shape of our pouch.
The stitch that we’ll be using today is the star stitch .
This pattern is beginner friendly
Size : 15.5 cm x 22 cm
- Kpc yarn glencoul aran 45 g
- 4.0 mm (7/0) crochet hook
- yarn needle
- magnetic button
- small tassel ( 3 cm)
Star Stitch :
- In a multiple of 2 chain, insert your hook in the second ch from the hook, yo, and pull up a loop.
- Insert your hook into each of the next 4 sts, and pull up a loop in each ( 6 loops on your hook)
- Yo and pull through all 6 loops on your hook.
- Ch 1 to close your first star .
- Insert your hook into the center of the star that you just made, yo and pull up a loop.
- Pull up a loop in the leg of the previous star. This would be the last spike from the previous star.
- Pull up a loop in the same st as the last st of the previous star.
- Pick up a loop in each of the next 2 sts (6 loops on your hook)
- Yo and pull through all 6 loops on your hook. Ch 1 to close the star.
- Repeat steps from 5 to 10 until the end of your initial chain.
- Once you get to the end, Crochet 1 hdc in the last st where you completed the last star.
Row 2 :
- 2 hdc in the eye of the first star and in each of the remaining stars.
- 1 Hdc in the last st ( 20 sts)
Crochet wallet free pattern :
Chain 26 ( or any multiple of 2)
- First, chain 3
- Row 1 : chain 3, skip 1 , star stitch (see steps above) and repeat until the end of the row, dc 1.
- Row 2 : chain 2, ( 2 hdc in the center of the star), repeat, hdc 1.
- Row 3 : same as round 1 : chain 3, skip 1 , pick up yarn 2 , turn, ( star stitch ) repeat until the end of the row , 1 dc .
- Row 4 : repeat row 2
- Repeat rows (3 and 4) 12 times (or as many times you want) [24 rows in total]
- Fasten off
Sew the sides as in the video [ see 22:00 minute]
and that’s it ! thank you and see later in another free crochet pattern.
Original video :
Here is also an idea of a crochet bag , you can find also many beautiful free patterns :
Don’t forget to check adel’s Instagram account : https://www.instagram.com/adel_hands/?hl=fr