Today i will share with you another bag pattern, this time we will learn together how to make this beautiful Leather crochet bag, you will find in this post the détailed pattern steps, stitches , gauge used and dimensions for finished product.
This pattern was created by the talented designer of the Youtube chanel Hobi Muhendisi , I love the way that this project doesn’t look easy handmade thing, it’s chic and delicate and very fun to make.
The original vidéo is in Turkish language, it can visually help you making the bag.
Difficulty Level :
- Easy : Beginner friendly
- 4 Cotton rope 1 mm or 1.5 : this skein (160m /200g skein/ball, 60% cotton, 30% polyester, 10% viscose)
- 5 mm Crochet hook
- Leather bag DIY Set
- the one used in the video is out of stock, you can just adapt this one by adding more stitches.
- You can use the same technic to make other type of bags like this backpack.
- Stitch markers
- This size fit size bag.
- 25cm-13cm diameter at bag bottom (40 holes)
- Cover with length 25 cm
- Finished measurments :
- Width: approx. 25 cm
- Height: approx. 20 cm
- In the pattern, we will work with 2 strands of yarn
- We need to start from the middle point of the base not from the corners.
- US terms
- This pattern will essentially show you the technic, you should adapt it to your bag set.
Leather crochet bag pattern
- 1st Round: make slip knot, insert it in any middle hole of the base from front of the base, ch1 (counts as first sc), sc in the same space, 2sc in the next space, repeat until reach the first corner [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 4:32)], 3sc in the next 2 spaces, 2sc in the next space, repeat until reach the second corner, 3sc in the next 2 spaces, repeat around, sl st in the first st but in BLO [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 9:20)]. [88 st]
- 2nd Round: working on the back loop only, sc across the round except the st between both 3sc st from the previous round, make 2sc instead [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 12:15)], sl st to the first st. [92 st]
- 3rd Round: without sl st, we will work regular sc, sc across the round (you can put stitch marker
in the beginning of each round to know the start/ end of each round). [92 st]
- 4th Round: repeat round 3 until reach the desired length. [92 st]
- Last Round: sl st across the round in BLO, fasten off. [92 st]
Note: you can back to the video (at minute 19:00) to see different styles for this bag.
How to attach Leather Bag cover?!
** Attach the leather cover 2 or 3 rows under the top of the bag with 2 stitch markers, [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 23:00)], slip knot, sl st across the cover holes and the bag body [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 24:00)], continue until reach the last hole. (Be careful to work on the same line across)
How to attach Bag lock?!
** Attach the bag lock [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 26:35)]. (Be careful to attach 2 parts of the lock in the middle of the bag).
How to cover the holes in the base?!
With another 2 strands of yarn, on any space of the base, make slip knot as above, sl st on each space until reach the last space; fasten off [back to video to understand this part clearly (at minute 30:30)], (I think making this part in the beginning after round 1 will be easier than now). [40 st]
Attach the shoulder strap to the bag.
That’s it ! i hope u’ll like it.
Here you can find other crochet bag free pattern : Crossbody crochet bag