Today we’re gonna work together on this beautiful Crochet skirt for toddler, a free pattern that i designed myself for my daughter and that i wanted to share with you, i hope that you will like it.
The instructions will be given for each section of the skirt, the first section is the belt, the second is our skirt worked with dc and the popcorn stitch alternatively.
You will need :
– around 100 gr of DK yarn, weight 4 in pink
– 3.5 mm hook
– yarn needle
– ch = chain
– sc = single crochet
– rep = repeat
– dc = double crochet
– hdc = half double crochet
– sl st = slip stitch
– The Popcorn stitch = 5 dc in the same stitch, remoove the hook from work and insert it through the stop of the first double crochet of the 5 we just worked, pick the live loop back up and pull through ( sl st) then ch 1.
Notes : – We will begin with the belt section worked with double crochet in the back loop only.
Let’s get started !
First section : The belt
- Ch 10 + 2 (width of the belt) ( ou can add some chaines if you want it to be larger)
- 1 HDC in the 3rd stitch from the hook, 1 hdc in each st of the row, ch 2 , turn .
- (The chain 2 count as your first HDC) , working in the back loop only, 1 HDC to the end of the row, ch 2, turn .
- Stop when you reach the measurment that you want( depending on the waist)
- Close the belt : by chaining one and single crochet through the 10 loops of the belt’s width ( you can of course simply sew using you yarn needle)
Second section : The skirt
- R1 : Ch 2, 1 dc in each st of the belt’s edge, close with a sl st.
- R2 : * 1 dc in the first 9 st, inc * rep to the end of the row, sl st.
- R3 : * 9 dc, inc in the next 2 st ( inc of the previous row) * Rep to the end of the row, sl st.
- R4 : In this row we will start our popcorn st (see abreviations) : *11 dc, 1 popocron* Rep to the end of the row, sl st .
- R5-7 : 1 dc in each st of the row, sl st .
- Repeat from R4 to R7 until you the right measurment that you want